10+ Streakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonzaga Bulldogs (20-4) at Santa Clara Broncos (8-17)

Go down

Gonzaga Bulldogs (20-4) at Santa Clara Broncos (8-17) Empty Gonzaga Bulldogs (20-4) at Santa Clara Broncos (8-17)

Post  LittleBoPeep2 Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Gonzaga Bulldogs (20-4) at Santa Clara Broncos (8-17) College Basketball: Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 11:00 pm
The Line: Santa Clara Broncos +14 — Over/Under: 146

GAME NOTES: Desperate to put an end to a 13-game slide, the Santa Clara Broncos have the unenviable task of entertaining 24th-ranked Gonzaga in West Coast Conference action at the Leavey Center tonight.
Santa Clara, which hasn't put a tally in the win column since taking down Eastern Michigan on December 29 (75-55), is winless in 12 conference games this season. Last Saturday, the team was handed an 82-67 setback by league- leading Saint Mary's-CA on the road.
As for the Bulldogs, they are the ones giving chase to the Gaels in the standings, as SMC shows a 12-1 league mark and the Zags are 10-2 heading into action tonight. Gonzaga has won three straight and seven of the last eight contests overall, thanks to a 78-59 romp over Loyola Marymount last Saturday at home.
The Bulldogs easily won the first meeting of the season between these two teams with an 82-60 score on January 7 at home, which means the all-time series now favors Gonzaga by a count of 46-30. The hosts shot 54.5 percent from the floor in that meeting, while holding the Broncos to just 38.3 percent.
While USC is riding a 13-game slide, the Broncos have been a little more competent at home. Losing 82-67 at St. Mary's during their last game is also a reason for confidence. Although Santa Clara lost they didn't throw in the towel. The Broncos beat 'Zaga 85-71 last year at Leavey. In previous seasons USC has fallen by four, five twice, once in double overtime, seven, eight twice, 13, 15 and 16 points to the 'Dogs. Because Gonzaga hasn't been prone to wiping opponents away and the Broncos are showing flashes of brilliances I am tempted to take Santa Clara. I'd probably bet my life savings that the Broncos will snap their losing streak in February. What better way to halt a wave of losses than beat the top dog Bulldogs in West Coast Conference play.
While stranger things have certainly happened in college basketball this season, it would take a miracle for the Broncos to be able to take down a Gonzaga team that might be looking forward to its next meeting against Saint Mary's. I'll go small on USC plus the points since I don't trust the Broncos with the lead. Lol.

Santa Clara Any Other Result

LittleBoPeep2

Back to top Go down