10+ Streakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday's NCB Madness (2/18/12)

Go down

Saturday's NCB Madness  (2/18/12) Empty Saturday's NCB Madness (2/18/12)

Post  LittleBoPeep2 Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:30 am

Hello my friends Smile
So far so good, (I hope); I have seen this group grow immensely fast in numbers as a whole. Quickly we have surpassed the 100+ member mark in just a few short days. The group conversation is very active. And, some have said it is off the charts compared to many other groups that they have entertained. With that said: I find it very interesting that our group” Forum” hasn’t been more utilized as of yet. Maybe we need to better advertise, to make sure that everyone is aware of it. Hopefully it can be very helpful to many.
So, without spending a whole lot of what little time is to be had: I thought I would try to share my insight on Saturday’s NCB madness!................................................................
--------------------------------------------------
Texas A&M – Win or Single Digit Loss
North Carolina – Wins by 15+ Points
Arkansas – 3 Pointer’s Made or Tie
Michigan – 3 Pointer’s Made or Tie
-------------------------------------------------
ESPN will once again draw huge ratings on this day, as college hoop fans will be locked onto their main channel affiliate from the get go!
12:05 P.M. (ESPN)……#12 Marquette @ Connecticutt….
Because I am a biased UCONN fanatic, (and don’t allow myself to ever pick their props on SFTC), I will be “Idol” during the noontime slot, watching and cheering on my hometown Huskies- as they host the #12th ranked Golden Eagles of Marquette………Go UCONN!!!!
PICK: IDLE- (Stay Away)

2:05 P.M. (ESPN)…… #3 Missouri- (Wins by Double Digits) @ Texas A&M- (Win or Single Digit Loss)….

Mizzou is 5-2 during true road games. Once the Tigers were taken to school 75-59 at 17-8, 6-7 Kansas State. Missouri's first two away wins were by seven points, but their last three have come by three or less. Although the Aggies' offense is vanilla their defense is chocolate and makes me take them considering the high number the Tigers have to cover on the road. Mizzou likely wins another thriller, but taking the points seems to be the safest option.
PICK: Texas A&M- Win or Single Digit Loss

4:05 P.M (ESPN)……CLEMSON- (Any Other Result) @ #7 North Carolina-(Wins by 15+ Points)
. Hoping to keep pace in the race for the ACC regular-season crown, the eighth-ranked Tar Heels try to improve to 56-0 at home against the Tigers on Saturday. North Carolina (22-4, 9-2) leads Division I with 83.1 points per game. That surely doesn't bode well for Clemson, which was likely already dreading a trip to Chapel Hill. In the Tar Heels 16 home games played this season, they have dominated their opponents, winning by margins of – 26,33,3,49,6,15,50,19,38,37,23,17,19,12, and 18 , respectfully. With their only loss, coming by way of Duke’s (Austin Rivers) 3 point buzzer beater,- in this season’s “Game Of The Year”!... by 1 point…………..need I go on?......... And in the end, if the Tigers were to win in Chapel Hill, that will be the only thing that matters, not any streak."
PICK: North Carolina- Wins by 15+ Points

6:05 P.M (ESPN2)……#12 Florida- (Winning Margin @ Arkansas- 3 Pointer’s Made or Tie)
The St. Mary's-Murray State BracketBusters blockbuster has lost some luster, but it's still the best game on Saturday. Too close for me to call. So, therefore I will be switching the remote, back and forth, over to ESPN2 for the Gators and Razorbacks SEC clash at the Bud Alton Arena in Fayetteville, AR. It is there, where the Razorbacks boast a very respectable 17-1 record, including 15 straight wins by an average winning margin of 14.6 per game. They also have won all three home meetings versus Top 25 foes this season. Meanwhile the #12 ranked Gators own a 3-5 road record but lead the nation in 3 pointer’s made. That mark will be put to the test in this match-up, as Arkansas has held opponents to under 28 % from behind the arc during it’s home winning streak. If Florida is unable to connect from long distance they could be in for a long night. With these numbers it sounds like this prop could have been reversed. Arkansas may not need to score many 3 pointer’s in this one, as Florida may not end up with a winning margin.
PICK: Arkansas- 3 Pointer’s Made or Tie

9:05 P.M. (ESPN)……#6 Ohio State- (Winning Margin @ #19 Michigan- (# Pointer’s Made or Tie)
Okay, where is the remote control?....back to ESPN please!…..As for the big boys, No. 6 Ohio State better be careful at No. 19 Michigan. Saturday night's primetime matchup against Ohio State will determine whether the Wolverines have a chance to finally break through and get at least a share of the Big Ten crown this season.
The Wolverines (19-7, 9-4) are in third place, a game behind co-leaders Ohio State and Michigan State.But Michigan's schedule eases up over the final two weeks, at least in comparison to OSU and MSU, which meet on the final day in East Lansing.
The Wolverines close out with road games against Northwestern (5-Cool, Illinois (5-Cool and Penn State (4-10), plus one at home against Purdue (7-6).
Winning on the road won't be easy, but all three are beatable right now. So, if Michigan can knock off Jared Sullinger and the Buckeyes before a "Maize Out" at Crisler Center, where U-M is undefeated this season, the Wolverines will be in position to end this Big Ten championship drought.
Beilein's team has had five days to prepare for the rematch against Ohio State, which rolled to a 64-49 victory in the teams' first meeting on Jan. 29 in Columbus, Ohio.
PICK: Michigan- 3 Pointer’s Made or Tie

---------------------------------------------------
Texas A&M – Win or Single Digit Loss
North Carolina – Wins by 15+ Points
Arkansas – 3 Pointer’s Made or Tie
Michigan – 3 Pointer’s Made or Tie
---------------------------------------------------

LittleBoPeep2

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum