10+ Streakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Florida Vs. Pitt: 7:05 (2/19/12)

Go down

South Florida Vs. Pitt: 7:05 (2/19/12) Empty South Florida Vs. Pitt: 7:05 (2/19/12)

Post  LittleBoPeep2 Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Reeling Panthers Try To Salvage Season

After having won four straight, the Panthers were flying high, and there was even talk of a potential NCAA Tournament bid despite having previously suffered eight straight losses. But after losing to West Virginia on Thursday, that talk has come to an abrupt halt. Sure, Pitt can still technically get into the Big Dance by winning the Big East Tournament, but with the way the team has played lately, that seems unlikely.

Pitt will face a South Florida team that started the losing streak by handing the Panthers a 12-point loss in Tampa back on February 8. Pitt scored a meager 51 points against the Bulls' tough defense, and after another sub 40 percent shooting night from the field against the Mountaineers, the Panthers could have just as much trouble putting points on the scoreboard. The Panthers had one of their worst shooting nights against South Florida in that game, making less than 35 percent of their shots. To make matters worse, the team turned the ball over a whopping 17 times.
On defense, Pitt had a lot of trouble against senior Hugh Robertson. Robertson, who averages only about six points a game, went off against Pitt for 18. He presented mismatch problems all night and was really the difference. I don't know if Robertson can repeat that outburst, but if Pitt doesn't hold him in check, they could be in for another long night.

PREDICTION: Look for a very low scoring game in this one. The Panther’s will find a way to come away with a 5-6 point victory at home this time. South Florida only averages about 3.5 three pointer’s per game on the season, but could easily put up 5 or 6 tonight.

PICK: Since this is a: winning margin Vs. 3 pointer’s made or tie prop, (and the tie option could come into play), I would not recommend choosing this prop. However-- Because there doesn’t seem to be many other props that I like on the board, if I had to choose this one, I would go with……..

Pittsburgh: Winning Margin …………(or STAY AWAY!)

LittleBoPeep2

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum